Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Recruitment Lead to join their team based in the South of Aberdeen.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in a senior recruitment role and be experienced at working closely with leadership teams and hiring mangers in the identification and appointment of the best talent for the business.
The successful post holder will be responsible for leading all recruitment and selection, proactively supporting and guiding company management in all recruitment and selection activities to ensure the timely filling of open vacancies with the right candidates.
Key Duties include:
Recruitment & Selection
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with line managers across the business, gaining a sound understanding of their team job role requirements in order to provide credible recruitment advice based on business & industry knowledge.
- Meet regularly with key line managers to discuss workforce planning within their teams to allow for proactive recruitment forecasting.
- Where requirements are identified, advise on filling skills gaps either from within the existing team, elsewhere across the organisation or by recruiting.
- Assist line managers in defining their requirements and provide assistance in drafting job descriptions and gaining required internal approvals for the recruitment process.
- Guide managers through the recruitment process and their responsibilities within the process.
- In conjunction with the Hiring Manager, consider the best sources to generate interest in the vacancy and suitable candidates.
- Define and document a hiring strategy for each open vacancy with allocated actions and timelines.
- Build, maintain and grow relationships with third party suppliers to ensure maximum benefit and value for money from such suppliers.
- Maintain the PSL of recruitment agencies, ensuring the right companies are engaged for the current and future recruitment needs of the business.
- Select appropriate Recruitment Events for company to attend in line with the company's recruitment strategy & future requirements.
- Run company's involvement in recruitment events along with management and marketing support where needed.
- Maintain strong links with local schools, colleges, and universities.
- Source suitable candidates using a range of methods as identified in the strategy document - these may include use of recruitment agencies, social media, job boards, press etc.
- Guided by the organisation's strategy and workforce planning, proactively build and maintain a talent pipeline to ensure the organisation has the right people, at the right time.
- Design and place all internal and external recruitment adverts.
- Carry out initial short listing of candidates, including first stage interviews where appropriate.
- Participate in interviews with managers where appropriate and desired, assisting with documenting the interview format and suitable questions, especially competency based questions for assessment. Make suggestions on alternative methods of assessing competence and selecting preferred candidates.
- Coordinate and/or administer any ability/assessment tests, where appropriate
- Negotiate contracts, rates and packages with external candidates and seek approval for final agreed offer terms.
- Issue offer of employment to preferred candidates.
- Ensure all recruitment administration is completed, using the available team admin resource as needed, including collating all applications, dealing with all speculative applications, setting up of interviews, rejecting unsuccessful candidates, taking up of references, conductuing legally required eligibility to work in the UK checks and maintaining evidence of this, handling all queries from candidates, ensuring new starts are inducted properly into the company, closing out all vacancies correctly and handling all parts of the end to end recruitment process in line with required data protection and other applicable legislation.
Interested? We'd love to speak with you. Please click below to apply or call Claire Buchan for a confidential conversation.