Small Bore Tubing, FHA & Hydraulic Technician (off
Our client based in Aberdeen have an exciting role for an Small Bore Tubing, Flexible Hose Assembly & Hydraulic Technician to complete inspection, repair, installation and commissioning services at their customers offshore and onshore bases.
This role is permanent and due to the nature of the role, the work pattern is ad-hoc in nature and no set rota.
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Hands on execution of projects on site and in workshop as required in accordance with the work pack and customer instructions
- Ensuring company owned equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with OEM requirements.
- Carry out Hydraulic piping, torqueing, pressure testing, hot oil flushing and condition monitoring.
- Inspection, Overhauling and testing hydraulic pumps, Motors, Cylinders and Control valves and generate accurate reports.
- Assemble and test hydraulic power units and other hydraulic equipment manufactured in house. - Housekeeping of workshop and work area. -
- To visually inspect customer's FHA, SBT and Hydraulic Systems onsite, in line with the Company's inspection procedures.
- To inspect and record condition, type, application and components, in line with procedures.
- To assess the suitability of the FHA, SBT and Hydraulic Systems for the application and to recommend changes as appropriate.
- To apply identity tag and to register SBT, FHA and Hydraulic Systems as per procedures.
- To complete all documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
- To input site service results into the HIMS database.
- To submit a report with details of unsatisfactory SBT, FHA and Hydraulic Systems to the customer's representative and recommend possible solutions, where applicable.
- To write and submit a Draft End of Survey report.
- To ensure the accurate completion and submission of timesheets.
- To recommend possible solutions to problems identified with the customer SBT, FHA and Hydraulic System applications or operating procedures
- To develop a 'bill of materials' for replacing FHA, SBT and Hydraulic systems, assembling, fitting, flush and test of SBT systems onshore and offshore
-To ensure that work activities are executed in accordance with the Company's HSE policy and where applicable the customer's site rules.
- To carry out Toolbox Talks and other safety measures to ensure the smooth running of the day to day work detail and daily activity planning.
- Review customer supplied circuit diagrams, P&ID's and GA's to determine proposed scope of work for the company
- To define equipment and tools specification requirements to execute the work
- To complete product take offs if required and prepare list of materials and consumables.
- Produce method statements and risk assessments as per job requirements.
- Lead the trouble shooting and maintenance of marine, Industrial, offshore and subsea equipment.
- Lead the installation and commissioning of Hydraulic equipment both onshore and offshore.
- Ensure that in house manufacturing of hydraulic equipment are completed as per customer specifications
- Lead piping, hot oil flushing, Torqueing and hydrotesting projects both onshore and offshore locations. - Ensure that in house overhauling and testing of hydraulic equipment such as pumps, motors, valves, cylinders, PSV's and accumulators are completed as per company procedures and necessary reports and engineering data are generated.
To be successful candidates must have the following:
- ECITB TSBT01 & TSBT02 courses (these must be the test level and not just SBT01 & 02), Hydraulic experience and offshore experience.
In addition if you have experience in Hydraulic service industry and the ability to read and understand hydraulic circuit diagrams, P&ID's and GA's and overhauling and testing of pumps then we want to hear from you! Send your CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Helen McSharry on 01224 565010